View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Addmik19

Drinking Problem or General Anxiety?

I'm sitting good at day 34 since I quit drinking. Anxiety is the only problem ive been having. The title read "Drinking Problem or General Anxiety" because I'm beginning to ask myself that. Reason I'm asking myself is since I've quit I haven't really craved beer. Last night, I went out to the bar with some of my friends and had no problem drinking coke. People would offer me beer and it wouldn't bother me to say no thanks I quit. After I left I felt good and slept peacefully.

I started drinking heavily after losing my childhood dream job. It last for about 5-6 months of heavy drinking. Always would have anxiety from being jobless with bills coming in. Almost kind of like self medicating with the alcohol. Does that make sense to anyone? Maybe I'm thinking too hard

I really do think this place saved me from going full blown hardcore though! The reason I quit wasn't health or relationship problems nothing like that. I literally woke up one morning and said you know I'm kinda tired of this. So I quit. Blood sugar was alittle off around the usual drinking time but has since lined out. Ill have an anxiety attack whenever I miss a workout or something like that. I've always had anxiety just think it took a nose dive when I lost my job. Any thoughts??!