Old 02-08-2014, 02:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kflee

lunch w/boss n client. I will not Drink....

Please wish me luck. Today I have my first outing since sober date. I have a luncheon with 2 clients, my boss and a crew of Pharmacy techs. We have to organize secondary insurance companies and configure clearinghouse recievables. (need to make insurance match up with treatment to get paid).
I leave in half hour.
I know they will have cocktails, as I did not nor will I ever let them know I was drinking that much. I never did at work and it never effected this job, so I am going to say that I stopped drinking because it just feels healthy. I know I will look at their drinks, but at least they order cocktails. I never liked cocktails. But who knows now that my body has been without for 6 weeks. If in any way I feel an urge I can't control, I will leave early. I only need to stay for first half hour to sign paperwork, but it would be nice to sit the entire lunch and talk about Health Administration and updates on the new PDR(physicians Desk Ref.)and all new adverse and positive effects of new drugs on the market.
I CAN DO THIS.
and in the end feel so great I want to dance.
Be back soon..