Thread: so what
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 04:45 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
newme2day

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
Maybe I am feeling sorry for myself, I don't know. Sure, I have a lot to be grateful for. That list would be long. But that list would not include any family or friends. NOBODY CARES! I have busted my butt to meet people and connect with family, to end up with nothing. I am done with all the rejections. If I am complaining about nobody calling me or showing me any sense of caring for me is feeling sorry for myself is what you call feeling sorry for myself, than you are right. To me, asking for this is just asking for human contact. To know that I make a difference to somebody in their lives would make me feel that I matter. Nobody knocks on my door. Nobody calls me, yet I have no financial problems. If you are living in this situation, I would love to hear how you do it, and feel good about it. Maybe I am missing something. Most people don't understand what it feels like to be really alone. If you have a problem, do you have somebody to call? I bet you do. If I have a problem, I call me. If I choose to drink in the future, I'll make a toast to you and everybody else that doesn't care a sh##t.
In my experience, i have found that people will not always come to you. You need to be the one to reach out. I am willing to bet that you have at least one person nearby you can reach out to. Because if my addiction I have built a lot of walls. Its time to tear them down and let everyone in.