Old 02-08-2014, 02:37 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
graceandbeauty0

"I'm trying not to hold any resentment either but that's hard as well. I mean when you are holding someone's hand in the backseat of the car on the way to rehab as he sobs afraid that he will die during detox. Support him all the way through it and back and then basically get told to get lost. I'm having trouble processing those thoughts."

It is definitely hard to let them go and give up that love when you stood by their side. I did it for 6 years and now my ex is clean and sober for 9 months and then he tells me he can't be with me and he needs to work on him. It's a hard pill to swallow. But remember just pray that you will have the strength to let him go and just let him work his recovery. You work on you and if your higher power thinks that you two are suppose to be together it will happen. Don't wait around for him, because you might be waiting a long time. Enjoy your life and just pray for you and your ex. It's hard but the longer you do it, the better off you get. I just pray all the time that my broken heart will feel better and it's only been almost 3 weeks and it still hurts like hell. God bless