View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 04:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

There is no requirement to live without wealth or otherwise suffer spiritually because of wealth. As well, no requirements to live in poverty to ensure a wholesome spirituality. Like I mentioned in the other thread, (and thanks for creating this new thread UncleMeat, )-- "My faith carried me through my poor times and continues to do so through my rich times no differently. My faith is not based on my wealth or lack thereof."

Spiritual corruption is as likely from poverty as it is from a place of wealth, imo. Having said that, poverty is generally more acceptable a base and common justification for the so-called 'have-nots' in our civilized society for such corruption, whereas wealth speaks more to the person himself as being of selfish and flawed character, a fallen person if they are spiritually corrupt or unfulfilled. People of wealth are expected to not behave as if they are not wealthy, and people of poverty are not expected to behave as if they are wealthy. Wealth offers a measure of status not offered to those in poverty - and from this obvious injustice begins a slippery slope for persons to play one side against the other, imo. Speaking from experience again, it is amazing how differently I'm often enough treated and respected now in various everyday situations compared to how I was treated when in abject poverty. And yet spiritually I am (essentially) the same person, so obviously wealth and poverty are different spectrums of experience in our society, as we all know in our own various life experiences.