View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
LittleSparrow

Trudging and Driver, just PHEW!! I'm so relieved for you with your cases. You went through it sober with great diligence and came through with flying colors. Way to go!

DD, just a thought about the girls trip. You've known these women for a long time and I'm sure you've all come through a lot with each other's support. I'll bet that if you just mention you're not drinking anymore, you'll be surprised by the support you get from them. They won't think you're weird, that you're a problem, or that you can't be a part of the group if you aren't drinking. Bring along something fun to drink (I usually go with cranberry and seltzer with a lime wedge, Izze soda, or San Pellegrino, flavored or plain) and I don't think you'll feel out of place at all. If you say it kind of casually to them, they will know not to bring you an alcoholic drink. If you don't want to talk about it with them, just say so and change the subject. I'm sure they'll be happy to support you, though, because that's your group's dynamic. You're lucky to have a group of women like that. You'll have so much fun, and no hangovers!

WD, you put into words exactly what I've been feeling lately at 3.5 months. I don't want to drink, but I feel the urgency of staying sober wearing off and that scares me. I know I can't go back and I don't want to when I think about how awful it was, but I'm worried that one time I'll forget how important it is and I'll slip. Dee's suggestion to go back and look at our old posts is good. I will plan on doing that over the weekend. I need a reminder so I keep my head in the game.