View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 06:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
noelevators12

Coming up on 18 months....

Hello all!

I am coming up on 18 months drug/ alcohol free in about 2 weeks. For the first time ever, after having used daily for the last 12 yrs. It hasn't been easy. The first year was a gift as they say, Around that time my S.O. relapsed on his D.O.C. He is now away getting help. I never forget that I must keep the focus on myself as if I pick up I start myself right back on that vicious cycle again! I would like to offer words to anyone who is struggling that it can be done. I've watched many close to me struggle and not once has anyone come back from a relapse, ever, to tell me that it's gotten any better out there. I have attended funerals and wakes of people who thought they could have "just one more" and have never come back. I have made great friends in this process. I have great support. A wonderful sponsor and most importantly a relationship with a loving H.P. and family who has come back into my life.

I am grateful for places like this where I can further my support and help others as well! It's a daily reprieve but, yes, this program really does work!

love u all, T