View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 05:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
ErikT

Originally Posted by newme2day View Post
Hi all!! I have been fighting such a battle with myself. There are times when I am not convinced I am an alcoholic. Yes I am sure you have all heard this before . . .but I have been able to do one and done. Through the holidays I had a drink or two . . . Nothing escalated. I hear the stories of progression on this website and it scares the crap out of me. I'm not really even sure why i am posting. I am tired of thinking about it, tired of labeling myself etc. Have you all struggled with this question or have you just accepted that you cannot drink? I guess the realization is why do I WANT to be able to drink every now and then? Why is it so important? Sorry I am really rambling this morning but like I said I'm just tired of the battle.
You described how at times you can go "one and done"...but you didn't explain the OTHER side of it. What has happened in the past on the negative that has caused this "battle"? Talk about times when you drank too much. How much,....what...when...and what happened?