View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 05:10 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
trudgingagain

Great postings! Congrats, Driver! That is really how I feel about our battle with the EDD over payroll taxes....EXCEPT....in order to make this go away, our attorney drafted a letter to the court saying that we withdraw the hearing and we CONCEDE that we owe the money and that the timelines are correct. What a bunch of BS that just sticks in my craw....but, hey, the statute of limitations has passed, so....I guess "What difference does it make?" I do get stuck on the principle of things. Gathering documents for my meeting with the University Provost....I think I definitely "got 'em"....this, too, is about principle. As for doing something differently now....well, for me, EVERYTHING is different. I don't pop a beer in the morning, I am busy all day, I am definitely more productive....and lately, I have been exploring DIY projects! Never would have happened before. Either would have drank the day/night away....and then hired someone to do whatever...or just done nothing at all. DD....I totally get it about the girls' weekend...although it seems you may have a "rep to live up to". Might be tough not to drink....after all....no one will know.....Just have a good excuse (like "I don't drink anymore"...lol) and/or an escape plan if things get dicey....and, remember, we are all here (on weekends, too!)