Old 02-06-2014, 07:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Connie11

There are two alanon meetings I am going to tomorrow. He is at an AA meeting. So we are going where we are supposed to. It is really hard once they get sober, and you see them in such distress. It is almost like a teenager who does not have the tools to deal with the simplest daily activities. (Poor me, dealing with all the insanity when he was drinking). I know, believe me I know....get off the pity pot. But it is so aggravating that I could not speak up when he was drunk, and now that he is sober I have to be smiling despite his mood swings. He accuses me of not listening to what he is saying (while he is obsessing or ranting), and he is probably right cause I am so busy trying to frame my words in a way to help or advise. (Again, I know....I am trying to fix him) It is all so crazy cause my communication skills are great with my friends but with a newly recovering person, he is so sensitive. I suppose he just expects me to sit and listen; but quite frankly-if you have an issue SOLVE IT, dont just sit and rant. Thanks for listening.