View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 03:29 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
FishnHippy

Originally Posted by kellbell123 View Post
Lil - my daughter and I are going to volunteer at our local shelter. I have a big soft heart from animals and children both. I will probably want to bring all them furry lovies home. Ill have to draw a line.
-------------------
This had me thinking though. It seems there are a lot of reasons I drank and yet another one is they way I internalize things when I hear about something bad happening to animals and children. For example I was watching a documentary on elephants a couple weeks ago and just started crying snd crying and crying. I get so upset. Those AASCA commercials that ask for money to help rescue abused and neglected animals? Waterworks all the way (ive learned to leave the room or change the channel)

Anyway, for me I tend to carry the weight of the world on my shoulders. Drinking used to numb that pain. Ive found ways to deal with much of my other reasons fir drinking. But this one? Short of avoiding the news etc I dont know how to come to peace with all the bad things in the world.

I know we have a lot if softies in thus group. I can just tell and maybe this is another common trait among alcoholics. So my question to you all is how fo you find peace in your heart with these things?
Pray pray and pray again