View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 09:25 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Melina

Originally Posted by Br00ksie View Post
Loved seeing the number/ ages of everyone's children!

NewLeaf - you have twins? I WANT twins. My great uncles were twins and my middle brother and sister (23 years old and live in Iowa) are twins. My sister who's the twin is married.

All of you guys were young parents! I feel like I was built for motherhood. My mom agrees.

I wanted so badly to be a young parent but I haven't gotten my life together. I got a cat because a dog was too much of a responsibility!

One relationship comes to mind that, had I stayed in, would most likely have lead to marriage and children, but I would be drunk every day and not in recovery if that were the case.

That ex was my best friend for 8 years, then we dated and he became a monster, or he was a monster and just hid it from me or I didn't see it. He just made partner at his law firm and I am not happy for him and that bothers me. I wanted so badly for us to work but he was so mean I had to end it. He also has a drinking problem.

I know I still have time and I'm not old, but ALL of my friends are married and having babies - 5/6 of the weddings I've been in have children and I have many other friends who have babies. I hope that I get my life together and meet someone in time to make little mini-me's (or mini-him's)!

I guess I'm just torn at this point between what I envisioned my life to be and how it is actually turning out. The jury is still out on that one!

Trying to stay positive regardless.
Brooksie, you have TIME!

This made me think of you since you mentioned Black History Month and to be sure, its pretty much what I always have thought of you:

Nina Simone To Be Young Gifted And Black - YouTube