Old 02-04-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Mellybug

Thanks for your reply! I had actually requested a raise (not only for myself but for my coworker) because we were told our responsibilities were going to more than DOUBLE! I literally argued with the manager on our own behalf but was told we wouldn't be getting a raise because our SKILL SET was not increasing. We'd still be doing the same types of procedures (using the same types of programs), just a bunch more of them. We argued for literally 30 minutes back and forth about it...and I was labeled as a trouble-maker as a result.
I finally had to retake our "Harassment in the Workplace" program for 2014 and using what I had there went to my manager and filed a complaint against a bullying coworker (after having already followed the steps also outlined in the program to no avail). I'm sure that didn't add to my "trouble-maker" status. But I will NOT allow myself to be on the clearance rack at Wal-mart...I am in the glass display at Macy's!

Since I'm having a medical procedure tomorrow, I felt that it was time to put my foot down and decide that I need to NOT STRESS today - for myself. My ABF does not get to stress me out today...my coworkers do not get that power, either. NOBODY does.

One day at a time...each day an improvement...