View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JustAGirl1971

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
However I have personally watched an addict who is sitting at CR be offered inpatient help for however long they need it, and say no. I was blown away. They had an opportunity for help, to have all their needs taken care of inpatient and bills paid while they were there for however long it takes, no time limits...and still said no. This person had no job, nothing holding them back but drugs and a tortured set of parents. How is that not selfish?? They later ended up in jail a short time later. How very sad.
I know someone who experienced a similar thing, except in this case, they actually dropped the person off at rehab... the person checked out and ended up back where she started... homeless. Her response was that it's what she knew... what she was comfortable with?

My sis's EXAH tried so hard to get sober. Not while they were together... I don't think he ever even tried while they were together. But, years later, after many attempts, he did get sober. Was actually even sober long enough that he got a job at the rehab facility that helped him and was doing well.... Until something happened & he picked the bottle up again. He died a short time later, as a direct result of his alcoholism. Was it selfish? Idk? I mean, I wasn't in his life at that time, but from what I understand, he really embraced and appreciated his sobriety and was working hard at it?