View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hammer
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
They had an opportunity for help, to have all their needs taken care of inpatient and bills paid while they were there for however long it takes, no time limits...and still said no. This person had no job, nothing holding them back but drugs and a tortured set of parents. How is that not selfish?? They later ended up in jail a short time later. How very sad.
EVERYTHING and EVERYBODY has THEIR OWN path.

Your Jail Bird MAY be exactly where he should be right now.

Whether or not that meets your, my, or anyone else's view of how things should be.

I sooooo wish I had not been involved in paying a thin dime for Mrs. Hammer's Rehab.

Not that she did not need Rehab. She did.

But her AA sponsor pretty much forced her into it, and I just wrote the checks from the budget we had put together to buy a house. And we spent everything. So she got Rehab and we are still renting.

This was the same Rehab and same treatment the Sponsor had went through some years earlier.

But by contrast, the Sponsor had to clean toilets and make beds in cheap motels in Florida for 6 months after to pay for said Rehab -- for herself.

Difference -- the Sponsor is now grateful and seems to be running a fairly straight program.

Mrs. Hammer however, is basically a dry drunk, ungrateful, compulsive liar.

If Jail was where this kid's path leads -- Everything is Right Where it Should Be.

Just saying -- Compulsive Do-Gooders (Like *us*) Do Not Really Do the Good we often Imagine.