View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JustAGirl1971

You know, honestly, I can kind of understand how an addict can keep going back for that fix, despite the consequences, even when he wants to change. Right now, I'm not really feeling that much different. Change is scary and just plain hard. Even harder when you have this voice telling you to just have one drink. Especially when reality's kicking your ass.

For me, that voice is screaming "fix this, fix your marriage, DO NOT LET HIM LEAVE." No, I'm not listening to that voice. Divorce is the right option for me, the kids, and probably for him, too. But sometimes it's really hard to ignore that voice and embrace the change, kwim?

So, yeah, I can kind of understand how an alcoholic or an addict can choose their DOC over and over, no matter the consequences. Truth is, I've done that for years with AH.

I'm thinking compassion isn't something we arrive at over night. It's more of a continual, ongoing, never ending process. Some days, our hearts may overflow with compassion, other days it may be a struggle just to find a fraction of a drop. Idk, that's my take.

Thanks for the articles, lilamy.