View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 11:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ElijahNoahColt
The Kid

I'd like to share it with you

Hey guys, just popping by

Today is the 4th of Feb and it's 7:39am. I haven't slept but I've just been awake because I'm pretty excited, it's been 2 months since I last had a drink.

I previously gave all my money to my parents so I wouldn't buy alcohol but I've since taken it all back and I've not bought anything but flavoured water.

I started smoking again, which is something I'm working on but other than that everything is going pretty well.

All my medications for conditions I didn't really address in my drinking days are all working as expected and I finally get up in the mornings. I just feel like I've got a really different outlook on life now, I value completely different things now. I'm quite young and I really like the idea of going through the rest of my life with this new sense of self that I have. I treat people with a lot more respect and I really value the people that have stuck by me. We all go through troubles and they're not always apparent to someone on the outside looking in.

I have a really good relationship with my parents now and I tell them how much I appreciate them everyday. It's really good to wake up in a house full of people that are genuinely happy to see me in such good spirits.

Anyway guys, I really hope you had a wonderful Christmas, New Year and I hope you enjoyed the superbowl along with any other holidays/events I might have missed. I think the support you give people on this website is so inspiring and I only wish the world was full of people like you all. I know this post is a bit soppy but I can't help it, I'm in such a good mood even despite not having any sleep.

Have a wonderful day guys, make the most of it and to those of you still struggling, just know that you'll always have someone here to help!

~ENC