Old 02-03-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Insaneshame

Originally Posted by Katchie View Post
Thank you. You made me feel normal. I do the same thing. He must be feeling it and feeling things are not good with me. But he should want to do this for himself and not me. Heck, when I've asked him in the past to get help it didn't do any good..don't know what the difference is now except I told him I'd leave.
I told my AH the same things. I cried, begged, bitched, pleaded, treated him like my child...name it, I've done it, as I'm sure pretty well everyone on this page has done! I almost left him 2 years ago, but caved because he went all self-pity on me and he's so good at manipulating my feelings, that I felt bad and let him come with us. He did promise change and blah blah blah, but he ALWAYS promises change and kinda sorta does for a few weeks, then I look up and we're right back in the same FREAKIN spot we've been. So, in the beginning of December, I woke up and realized that I had had enough of this lifestyle and the life draining poison that was taking me and the kids down with him and asked him to move out. He's been gone a little over a month now and it royally sucks to have to be here, but I'm so much happier (dare I say it) and there's no tension in the house anymore. I love him and want this to work, but I refuse to give up anymore of my happiness and energy to a disease that he doesn't even want to treat!! The one thing that I have learned on this site so far are the 3 C's
1. You didn't cause it.
2. You can't control it.
3. You can't cure it.
And it is soooooooooo true. Work on you and find your happiness. It's gonna be a tough road, and one that no one wants to walk down. But stay strong and you are normal, he's the one with the disease!!!!