Thread: Anyone like me?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Betterlife1

Hi Habsfan, I'm a binger too. No withdrawals, never drink every day or in the AM. I can even manage on many occasions to only have 4-5. But I would say at least once a week I'm at the 10-12 range. I'm definitely a happy drunk! I have a good job and am doing well, no DUI's, no family issues, etc.. I've often struggled with the term "alcoholic" and internally would debate if I was one. Then I had an epiphany that it really doesn't matter if I'm technically an alcoholic or not (which I probably am!). The thing is I do realize is I have a problem with my drinking in the fact that I can't consistently control it. I hate the way it makes me feel the next day, and sometimes the next couple of days. I'm afraid of what health problems lie ahead if I keep this up. Most importantly, I truly believe I will enjoy my life so much better if I quit. So that's where I'm at now. Only two weeks into it, but its a start and its going great!!! Good luck to you and you will find a lot of support here! The people are great! -NJDevilsfan : )