Thread: Anyone like me?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 11:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
habsfan18

Question Anyone like me?

Hi,

First of all, I'm 22 years old and I would consider myself an alcoholic. I also have general anxiety but it doesn't restrain me from going to school and working. I have been surfing the forum a little bit (I am new to forums) and didn't find any people that seem to have the same problem as me and I would like to know if I am alone or if I just didn't find the right posts.

My "type" of alcoholism is not really like the one I red on this forum as I am not drinking every day, not even every week. I can go weeks without drinking but then I eventually drink until I pass out. When I drink I ALWAYS drink until I pass out. I have been trying to stop drinking for about a year or two but always had relapses. My most recent one being the one that convinced me of seeking help as it was the worst of all. I won't get into the details but let's say that I made a total fool of myself since I was at a bar and worried my parents so much as I nearly choked out in my own vomit.

So here are my question: Is that considered alcoholism? Am I at the right place to discuss it? Anyone like me?

Sorry about the long read.