Thread: 21 days clean!
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2005, 03:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nuts

Smile 21 days clean!

Hi everyone
Well i three weeks clean today and feeling very grateful. I've been doing reading with my AA sponser every morning which is getting the day off to a great start, she reads me the daily reflections and i read her the Just for Today book. I've been getting a little resentful that i cant just be an alcoholic instead of the greedy cow that uses anything to escape the reality of the real world. My drug of choice was herion for a long time though i havent used that for over eight years now, the last drug of the moment was cannabis after i gave up drinking, it's two an a half years yesterday since i had my last drink and God i used to love my vodka!
I have some of the words from Comfortabely Numb by Pink Floyd tattooed on my back cos that was all i wanted to feel for along time Numb. Today i am glad to feel everything that life has to throw my way cos i now know i can cope with it all Good or Bad as i've got tools to deal with them instead of escape them. Good or bad all feelings pass in time and thats a comfort in its self.
Thats me for today, Have a good one everyone
Nuts