Thread: Need you guys
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

I'd rather sidetrack the whole AA thing here - that's an argument in itself that can take over a thread.

Sounds like you're looking for a way to break this cycle. I was also (in my mind) relatively young when I quit at 36, and hanging out with old people didn't appeal to me either. Of course, nothing about sobriety probably appeals to you - it might sound nice in theory, but what else are you going to do with your time? And how can you quit safely? And how are you going to manage cravings and what the heck is the long term goal here?

The questions I just asked you are exactly why people here are suggesting some kind of help. It's a really challenging road. I drank like you, and I only finally got help when I collapsed into seizures. Sure wish I would have found a better way before that. Sure, AA might not be the answer - but you've got to start somewhere. So answer me this: what are you going to do the next time you get "bored" on Monday and are getting ready to pick up the bottle? If you don't have a plan, then you'll drink, and the cycle will continue...