Old 02-01-2014, 04:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
fluffyflea

Can you just focus on you and just take care of yourself?

Originally Posted by 987g View Post
My head is spinning so hopefully this makes sense!
I have a really good friend who is an alcoholic. I've been warned that he is crazy, selfish, and hard to love. Up until now he has always been really good to me though and I've never had to experience his wrath! It was always him bitching about other people.
Well we got into an argument that I'll admit, I started because I let my feelings get the best of me. It happens, communication fails. I realize I was wrong and I apologized.
But this fight has turned into the never ending fight from hell!
Now, no matter what I say or do or how understanding I try to be of his feelings I am the crazy f'ed up one who is sick in the head, selfish, ect. I feel like I am being manipulated into thinking that I am crazy and just did something so awful so he doesn't have to take responsibility for any of his actions!
I just don't understand how someone can go from being loving and kind and funny to being down right mean and childish really. I'm trying really hard to not play the victim card. How someone else treats me is not my fault, the only thing I can control is my reaction but I feel like I am losing my mind!
Anybody who has been here, what do you about this? I can only stay busy for so long. I can only avoid him for so long. Am I supposed to be the bigger person and forgive him and accept that this is a disease? Or do I stand my ground that someone who cares about you shouldn't treat you that way. Where's the line between being understanding and having self respect?