Thread: 6 Months Today
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
YoungAndClean
Saved By Grace

Talking 6 Months Today

Hello SR it's me, Y&C, happy to report a milestone in my recovery (6 months). Last July I had just finished a very hellish relapse and was a very scared and hopeless alcoholic and drug addict.

I've been on SR for 4-5 years off and on and had a few aliases. I've also tried AA off and on for about 5 years. Never have I made 6 months. I wish I would have been able to get this thing at 24 years of age when I first started but alas things had to keep getting worse until I hit my bottom: another DUI, loosing a girlfriend, OD'ing from opiates, and looking like the walking dead.

I've transformed my finances, body, mind, and spirit in these 6 months yet there is still plenty of work to be done. I can't think of a single day that has gone by that I haven't come onto SR for support. I will say one last thing that I am especially proud of. When I first got sober I was on Wellbutrin, Xanax, and Suboxone. In sobriety I've found I no longer need these medications to live a fulfilling life.

Today I am on exercise, quality foods and eating, plenty of rest/sleep, a higher power that helps keep me sober, and a fellowship in AA and the 12 steps to give me a blueprint for life. Thanks!