View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 10:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
gabriel01

Originally Posted by BoxinRotz View Post
The super short answer is... You're kidding yourself! Not only that but you are cheating yourself out of a healthy relationship with a healthy woman and it's not her!!! Stick around. Read the Stickies. LEARN!!! This is not a, What can I do for her? deal. It's a, What can I do for myself?!!! kinda deal!!! I can tell you that life is not peaches and cream when married to an alcoholic. It will get worse. The question is... Do you wanna stick around and see what alcohell can bring you? It's your choice... I'm sure she'll make arrangements for your first class ticket to hell. Sounds like she's already got your suitcase packed. ALL ABOARD THE CRAZY TRAAAAAAIN!
^^^^ THIS!

I suggest you educate yourself about "codependent". Read the book called "codependent, no more"

Do you think that she is capable to return you with a healthy relationship or a healthy love? If not, are you willing to put up with that for the rest of your life? If she is not getting help (on her own will), I can guarantee you that it is impossible her problem will change all the sudden by itself. It took that long, so many years she suffers on her addiction, it will takes more than a double effort and time for her to recover from her problems (very possible even a longer)

You might find what people suggest to you here is a little harsh at the beginning. But all of us are telling you by experience. We all experienced of you are going through and how you feel right now. Read more posts and books, educate yourself about addiction.