View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 08:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Mizzuno

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Mizzuno, you have learned a valuable and I believe, essential lesson. Like you, I had always done it all, and believed that I should and could. Accepting that I could not do it all was a big step for me and learning to say 'No' literally saved my life.

It was the beginning of knowing and accepting who I am.

Yes, I do think this is a valuable lesson. I also believe that from this moment forward (this morning actually) I will no longer extend myself in the ways that could be fatal to my mental and emotional well-being. I am prepared and ready to say "No." I do not want to burn bridges, or to have people think I am unreliable. This is not who I am as a person and it hurts to see that I did this unconsciously.

I remember Mecanix saying to me, months ago, that I needed to be careful about how much I was doing. I did listen to this, but I see that I did not adopt it into my conscious. Now, I believe that everything that I had taken on into my life, work, school, side work business, and whatever else was overcompensation from my last day of drinking. And, that I needed to bring in the money.

Thank you all for the positivity. Thank you for the support. This community is a great place for feedback, being authentic, and achieving the same goal, Sobriety.