View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  
Bilr44

[QUOTE=DoubleDragons;4438095]Driver, you hit the nail on the head with this! Thank you so much!! You are right that for the most part my nervous energy allows me to accomplish a lot of tasks in a small amount of time, but when I hit overload, I just feel a mess.
I am wanting to stay med free if I can. I just prefer it that way.

Sober Marathon, you ring true with the exercise advice, as well. I haven't gone to yoga for about 1.5 weeks because my yoga buddy (my husband) has been sick and my son actually got a job at our yoga place as a front desk person (I found him the job and he loves it. He's using it as an excuse to grow a goatee LOL). He was in training for the most part so I didn't want to embarrass him or make him more nervous by hanging around there.

About two weeks ago I was in the best "place" I had been in a long time, mentally and physically. Sobriety was really feeling like a forever, no brainer kind of a thing, but then all of this stress hit. (On top of it all, my employer's brother has been told he has about two weeks to live, so my poor, dear employer/friend has really leaned on me, too, which I am happy to be there for her, but I have found it heart breaking and stressful, too.) Anyway, the lesson I have learned is that I can never take my sobriety for granted and like SM, I have to learn that I am going to have to put " me first " at times, if I want my life to go in the direction that I want it to go in.[/

You need to put your sobriety first and all else will fall into place. What I mean is go and do yoga today. Your son knew you were going there when he took the job. It's no coincidence that two weeks ago you felt better and now you don't. Sometimes non RX remedies work out as well or better, without the side effects.

I know about stressors though, my aunt died last week. I was stressing out about whether to fly up there or not. The flight was $850 just for me. I spoke to my mom and found out it was a very private service and not worth it for me to fly. It was a good decision because on the day I was supposed to travel, almost 600 flights were cancelled at PHL. That, on top of the whole retreat fiasco has probably messed with my nerves, so it's no wonder I'm having sleep issues. Stress usually has a delayed reaction with me.