View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 05:38 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

well... yesterday was a pretty mind-addled day trying to get along without the usual doses of coffee. I did wind up taking excedrin again at bedtime because the headache was tightening in and I could tell it was gonna rachet up pretty good if I didn't take preventive measures.

I also took a new, natural supplement; melatonin with L-theanine. I've used Melatonin before but not the other. I had two of those and read my big book for about 40 minutes and went to sleep no problem AND>>>>>>>>

Woke up at my alarm having had a solid night's sleep without waking up!!!!!

Holy. Crap.

That's the first one of those I can remember in years!!! 7.5 hours of sleep!?!?!!?

Methinks there is definitely something to this weaning-off-the-caffeine thing!!

Had a breakfast smoothie (as I've been doing for the past week now - in effort to add more raw foods and fiber to my diet) consisting of;

1 clementine
1/4 cup pineapple
1 mango
I handful almonds
1 stalk celery
1 stalk kale
1/4 cup broccoli
1 tsp flax seeds
1 Tbsp bee pollen
1 tsp fresh turmeric
1 tsp fresh ginger
1 scoop whey protein
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup OJ

Also a cup of St. John's Wort herbal tea. Did a few sun salutes and a brief meditation.... just small changes toward another direction.

So far, no headache yet today though my head does feel fuzzy and a little tense. Shooting for further tapering the caffeine today - just keeping it manageable.

Conclusion thus far; ON THE RIGHT TRACK!!!!

OMG, that sleep.... that lovely sleep....