Old 01-28-2014, 06:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
StevenT

Originally Posted by sobercatholic View Post
Maybe try and contact the first two and do a quick Step 9. (The Steps needn't be worked in order, when some amendments are obvious. When it comes time to do the Steps in order, keep them in mind and perhaps speak with them again, if you can and if it's needed.)
Woah, what?! That's like saying it's time to pull the turkey out of the oven 2 hours before you put the darned thing in there!

Let's keep it simple. You came into the program, asked someone to work with you, started doing the work, then you drank. Why? Most likely because you are powerless not to. It came to a point where you wanted to drink more then stay sober, so you drank. You stopped contacting the person that you were working with.. Which tells me they might still be there for you to contact.

This program is simple. It says on page 2 of We Agnostics that lack of power was our dilemma. We had to find a power by which to live. Or we drink. That's what the book is all about, and what the steps are all about. Giving you a power to not drink. I could ask plenty of questions about what you did and why, but simply put it doesn't matter at the immediate moment. What does matter is the willingness that I see in your post. You sound like you want this thing. My advice is to go up to an old codger with tons of time that you don't like and ask HIM to sponsor you. Then do everything he says.