View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 06:39 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
MariahGayle
Hillbilly Girl

Tired tonight & it is only Tuesday - Muhv, glad you are feeling better & good to see your posts again

Congrats on 30 day Actual!! Hope the date go's well - Im the last person to give advice on that.....Every relationship I have ever been in has been with other alcoholic or alcoholic addicts....feel like those relationships never stood a chance.

When my 2 youngest boy's were little, I decided to "buckle" down, made huge changes in my life & ended up not dating or anything for 12 years. 2 1/2 years ago I decided to go out one night after drinking here at home, went down to the bar about 1/4 mile from my house (I did not step foot inside a bar for that 12 years either)....walked into this bar by myself (something Im very comfortable doing as I was a bartender in one of my other lives)....who do I meet & fall for but an alcoholic with bullet holes & stab wounds...thats MY man Fell very hard for this man, but as my drinking was "taking off", he & the one woman I was close to (would confide in her about my feeling for him) must have sat around one day talking about my problem with the drinking & well, you can guess the rest.

Really, Really hoping with sobriety will come a healthy relationship. Well, there is a little tid bit about me. The thought that a drink would be nice crossed my mind on the way home, but I "reviewed" the outcome of that & didn't.