View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 03:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

evening update.... the Excedrin helped for several hours. Headache is creeping back again now. Gonna try to manage through with some very mildly-caffeineated white tea to see if I can get through to bed without another excedrin treatment.

I am putting up with the headaches when they're just mildly annoying but man when it turns migraine and my vision starts blurring I have to treat it.

I'm hoping I can wean myself down to no caffeine or just mild green or white tea once a day within a week or two.

I hadn't realized how dependent my body had gotten and I really think that caffeine has become a BIG factor in my anxiety issues and sleep problems. I'll keep reporting in for those interested. I'm pretty sure a vast majority of us in recovery also have a significant relationship with caffeiene and share some of these challenges with nerves, energy issues, and sleep challenges. I wonder how many of us would greatly benefit from a caffeine detox as part of sobriety.

I'm sure I will want to have coffee and tea in my life - but it's pretty clear that I've taken it to an excess that has had negative impact on my physical well-being.

Thanks for the comments and feedback....