View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 02:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SierraCharlie

Question Newcomer to Recovery

I'm a quitter. I've quit numerous times (drinking and smoking cigarettes). Previously - from July 3rd, 2013 to July 3rd, 2014 - cigarettes and drinking. At some point I started drinking and then I started smoking on July 3rd. I quit drinking and smoking again on January 12, 2014.

I'm seeking a forum to help me and my husband find alternatives to the bar scene and hanging out at friends houses - drinking and smoking. My husband has Hep C and end-stage liver disease. His Model for End-stage Liver Disease (M.E.L.D.) score is at 17. He's eligible to be on a liver transplant list after six months of no drinking/smoking. He quit drinking and smoking cigarettes on January 12th as well. For him it is more difficult. He's been at it longer than me (drinking and smoking). For him, it is a social event and he is very social - going to the bars and friends' houses for football or gatherings. I'm looking for suggestions on alternative social options other than the local bar or home gatherings where drinking and smoking is the focus...any suggestions?