View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 07:51 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
hypochondriac

Originally Posted by autan View Post
In an ideal world, I would take 12 months off and get myself right, but in reality I need to find a way to jump start my system besides drinking. Any suggestions, I have tried more coffee, I have tried exercise.

I need the old Autan back, I need the wit, the drive and enthusiasm. I need me to be me.

This is probably making no sense at all.
Makes perfect sense to me. I felt like I was going through the motions for a long time. And I think that's exactly what I needed to do. I couldn't just carry on like I was before because I had changed too much. I think I thought I was motivated and enthusiastic before I quit drinking but really I just couldn't let the front down and show how dysfunctional I really was. Once I had quit drinking and I had nothing left to hide I think I let my guard down and collapsed in a heap. It took me a while to realise that I did actually have to function sober too, I couldn't just stop drinking and everything else would just magically happen... Do what you can no matter how little and if other things have to go on the back burner then so be it. Don't try and wish you were on another part of the path than you are x