View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 10:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Joe Nerv

August 27th.

True, what you said about the resentment thing. Big on my list was the catholic grammer school I went to (which is ironically the school my homegroup now meets in), nuns (pretty much all of them), the music industry, corporate america, and a bunch of other things. Those resentments however lingered a bit longer than the people. Still some remnants of my catholic church resentments if I'm to be completely honest, but it's awesome how much power those resentments were stripped of. They didn't run my show after my 4th step.

One thing I'd like to add. I had no expectations when I did my first few 4th steps, aside from the expectaction that it would somehow help me to continue to stay sober. Wasn't expecting any lightening bolts, or any profound sense of freedom or healing, and didn't get any of that. In fact, if I had looked for the results immediately, I think I may have been disappointed. I don't think anything magically disapeared, but I think it opened the vessel for healing to come. And as I said, I didn't even notice I'd been healed of the many resentments I was, until a couple of years after when I went to list them again. I'd say the skys opened for me at that point, because I knew then that this stuff absolutely worked. Held on to that anger for years before embraced it all in the 4th. Ya know, thinking about it now, it may have been 5-7 where the healing took place, but regardless... it doesn't matter. It worked. Yay. I'm getting inspired now to do yet another... hmm... While I'd like to state differently, I can always pull a few resentments out of my hat if I look deep enough. I work an earnest program, but my HP aint nowhere near done with me yet.