Old 01-27-2014, 07:26 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
needtostopthis

I don't think its fair to assume that I was more concerned with broken glass and kissing another guy than my driving drunk. I am beyond filled with guilt about my drinking and driving. I know I may not have wrote how about stupid it was to drink and drive but I know it was. I really don't need to be told that I am not concerned about these things, I am.

Originally Posted by jdooner View Post
You lack the ability to stop bc your brain has been damaged by abusing alcohol and the urge is faster than the part of your brain that controls rational thought. As you drink the governor in your brain becomes slower due to the alcohol and so you become more comfortable taking risks like drinking and driving, which does not seem to bother you at all. In fact, you have a child but seemed more concerned with the broken glass and kissing some random guy than the fact you drove drunk (twice) and could have left you child without a mother or worse killed someone else.

Without a program in place to provide new tools to deal with the situation this will happen over and over until something stops you or you die. AA is a great idea. They will welcome you with open arms, as will all of us here.

Good luck.