View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 04:11 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
DoubleDragons

I have had a lot of anxious moments this past week. I like to put on this persona that I am this cool, laid back, chill, full of faith kind of a person, but unfortunately, if I am honest with myself, I am often a mess of nerves. About 15 years ago, when I did a lot of therapy for my family of origin issues, I was put on Paxil for anxiety. I felt really, really good on Paxil. I stayed on it for about 2 years but then I got pregnant with my daughter so I got off of it. When I was on Paxil, I did not drink a lot, but I did gain weight and lost some libido, so I wasn't real eager to get on it again. I think now that a lot of my heavy drinking was self-medicating my natural tendency to anxiety.

I am starting to wonder if I need to get on some anti-anxiety medication again because honestly, I hate how I have been feeling lately and I am fearful if this lasts too long my temptation will be to relieve myself with drinking. (which I know is ridiculous because it only adds to anxiety.) Has anyone taken any anti-anxiety medication that doesn't affect weight gain and libido? When I lose it on those fronts, I get depressed, so taking the meds becomes counterproductive.