View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Bilr44

Originally Posted by DoubleDragons View Post
That is what I enjoy about getting older and wiser. On reflecting on your mens' retreats experiences, Bilr and JL: I know in my younger, drunker, less secure days, I would stay on things like this that I hated worrying about hurting feelings, or desperately hoping things would get better or out of guilt for the money I spent. Now, I just say that life is too short to spend it on mistakes!!!
I can't agree more. I thought, why am I going to stay here and ruin my weekend when it's not where I want to be. I feel a little bad for the guy who invited me but he wasn't real upfront about the whole thing. Probably didn't want to scare me off. He did make a point that it wasn't a Christian retreat because he invited a Jewish guy and there were atheists there. But then the whole first couple hours were spent saying we had to be "all in" with Jesus. Another thing that we were told that us men had to be the spiritual leaders of our households, and not leave it up to our wives. I was hoping for less spiritual retreat where we could just learn to be better husbands and fathers. I am much better at both since September 1.