View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 03:31 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  
Driver1

so glad to hear from you HD, hope you are well.

Neil Peart fellas, nuff said!

For what it's worth DD, I think you are making the right move by taking your time with the house hunt. For me, buying a house has always been one of those - you just see and know it - kind of deals. With my last house, I hadn't even seen the inside before turning to my wife with "this is our house". And, it was/is. Good luck!

So Gasparilla was yesterday. It occurred to me sometime around 10AM that this would be when I'd start having inner battle regarding time to crack first beer.

Fast forward 18 hours (bout an hour ago; after feeding) could hear one of my tenants out back still kicking it around with some other festival goers. This would have been me. I was always the last one standing.

Most years this would lead to a jacked up Sunday trying to recover (unless I just powered on through and drank for all of Sunday). Either way, it would be topped off by a really crappy Monday at work trying to pull off a business as usual.

Man, what a monumental waste of time. Did that really seem like fun???????????

Have turned a corner on babies Tobers. Big has always been more chill than Little, but I think it clicked for him on Friday that these folks (me and DW) that are always handling him are there to soothe. Little got it yesterday...what a wonderous (and certainly rewarding) transformation played out right before our eyes (literally). Especially with her. She was always tense before feeding, after feeding, changing, whatever....seemed like she was always in the "on" position (not always crying, but just tense). Anyway, she gets it now. So cool to see her bones melt into me, DW, bed rather than ball of angst.

Had the babies on lock down yesterday. Surely to the dismay of many of our guests. But Gasparilla was not baby exhibition. We just wanted to keep our annual party going. My job is to protect babies and wife, not please people (right? wink, wink; yet I do really mean it).

Here is a picture of BAK (posted one last week of Little, must give equal billing!):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
BAK.jpg (59.0 KB, 32 views)