Old 01-25-2014, 12:41 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  
kluhs

as a young man it was lots of beer anytime i went to a party because it was a wasted opportunity if i was not wasted ... but didnt drink or think about alcohol in between

got married, wife loves to cook and i discovered wine - i got so into understanding wine, grape varietals, food pairings, even lived 2 years in france

i started drinking wine with just about every dinner - and think i was functionally just enjoying it and probably had 1 or 2 glasses and always thought dinner was improved with a good wine

somehow that gradually progressed to a full bottle ... which i remember at the time seemed like a lot

things then progressed to a bottle just not being enough ... and if my wife was sharing a bottle with me, i'd try to go fast to get more ... and then eventually it was just a given that a second bottle would be opened or even better if there were multiple people drinking i didnt have to know how many bottles or glasses

never really got into liquor and beer became uninteresting - but anytime i was cooking or eating lunch or dinner i either had wine or wished i could ... not at all a problem at the end to drink 2 bottles of wine, go to bed and get up the next morning with no hangover ... if i had to go a day or a few days without alcohol no big deal, didnt feel bad or have any withdrawal, but i certainly anticipated a lot when my next wine would be and really really looked forward to it