Thread: Your Big Plan
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 07:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
jkb

Hi jdooner-

My BP took me forever to make. I thought ok I will make a BP back in February of last year. So, I tried it but, it felt like a stupid lie. NEVER really???? So I drank one night in March.

Then I thought "no more BP's. I just wont drink today." And I didn't drink "today" for over eight months. Then I went on vacation and one night I decided to have a few beers. Thing is I DIDN'T want a few beers.... my beast screamed "get wasted". I realized that night I would never be a happy moderate drinker. I could be happy sober or be a moderate unhappy drinker, or just go back to being a drunk. Those were my options.

I chose to make a BP. I dumped out the rest of my beer. Grabbed a sprite and haven't looked back since (11/22/13). Thoughts of drinking are now followed by my BP and it has made life simple. I was lucky that I already had 8 months sober when that night happened and I think that is when I finalized my decision but, for me recovery definitely began on 3/13/13. I have not had continuous sobriety since that date but, I have forever sobriety now and I am happy with that and I am ok with what it took to get here.

Life. Is. Good.

Jess