Thread: My wake up call
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 05:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Tiptree

Oh boy, that was me and it did get worse. I didn't realize how sick I was becoming and attributed all my ills to other things; age, hormones, general anxiety, social phobia, slow metabolism, etc., anything but the wine I was drowning in every night. Knew I had a problem but never considered not drinking. Tried moderation, drinking only on weekends, which ended in binge drinking, which led back to drinking every night just to feel better. There was no great tragedy or epiphany that led me to sobriety. But guess I finally racked up enough regrets, enough humiliations, stupid accidents, and health fears that I couldn't live with myself, this way, anymore. This is such an insideous disease, and everyone is different, but it is important that you recognize the path you are on and consider sobriety. There are so many great sober blogs including SR that help me along. If you need a goal check out Belle's "tired of thinking about drinking" blog. I joined her 100 day sobriety challenge and just kept going. You can do it if I can .