View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 09:42 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

you're human after all!!! sometimes all that bottled up stuff HAS to come out....and in the heat of the moment we are unable to reel it all back in. and i'm not sure we should ALWAYS be in control?

so you pitched a fit. and you yelled. no heads were removed, no one has any mortal wounds, no physical damage was done to property. it happens! cut yourself some slack lady!

the other day i was getting ready to head out for a "date" with my daughter to go see the new Hobbit flick. hank asked if i could drive up to the corner store FIRST and get him a pack of smokes, deliver them to him and then be on my way....and i said.....no. nope, ain't gonna happen. you have a car and the store is all of two long blocks away.

he pitched a hissy fit. stomped around, got jeans and shoes on and stormed off in his car. was back in less than 5 minutes. made sure to NOT get me cigarettes. and then said snarkily, do you think you could CALL on your way home and maybe get me a burger or something? oh whatever.

wanna know the coolest thing? he called, not 10 minutes after i left to apologize for being a douche. said he didn't want it to ruin my outing and to have fun at the movie. i was actually almost totally over it by then but i told him how much i appreciated the apology. he said again he was being a jerk for no reason. which he was!!!

and yes, i did call and i did grab him a burger on the way home! didn't want that poor helpless man to have to leave the property twice in the same day!!!! LOL