View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 07:12 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Cynderino

Originally Posted by WhoDey View Post
JL ... I'm so happy for you! You are making positive changes in your life ... dumped the job that didn't fit and are exploring AA. It seemed like you were not in a good, sustainable place with that old job. So great to see you headed in a positive direction.

SM ... Yes, the stories of relapse after long periods of sobriety are alarming. I don't browse the other forums much, but do so from time to time to keep me on the right track. I still think about alcohol particularly when I get stressed and desire an escape, but I am so very thankful for being sober. I try to remind myself everyday of how good I have it and how I don't have to worry about fitting in drinking with the "rest" of life.

The Super Bowl is on the horizon and we will be hosting a party. We have done so in the past as we rotate with a handful of our couples. I have decided to go against my instincts as a good host and will be asking guests to bring their own beer. The guests have a wide range of tastes anyways (some only drink a certain brand), so I could never please everyone if I tried. I don't want to buy the stuff and I don't want to deal with the leftovers.

October 23 was Day 1, so today is my 3 month anniversary. In some ways it's gone fast ... in other ways it seems like it's been longer than 3 months. Looking forward to celebrating 4 months with all of you!
Happy 3 months, WhoDey!! Good to see you around again!