View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 04:57 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
trudgingagain

Some great and inspirational posts, here! I, too, choose to battle for life, not alcohol. As for a "plan" to keep alcohol "so close"....hmmmm....never really thought too much about it. It IS way back in a cupboard...it's not really a thought, one way or the other, however I must admit that I did remember that it was there the other day. Think I will throw it out today. It is my birthday today, so I deserve that present....being "free" from ANY alcohol. A bit depressed this morning....hubby and I have been so engrossed in all of this tax sh** that last night he didn't even realize that today was my birthday. Yeah, we are kinda old for birthdays....but, still....There is this "thing" in the back of my head....Last year on HIS birthday, it was ME who planned a big party, complete with friends, lots of food, preparation, etc., etc. Kinda feeling a bit cheated....but, I really don't want a "party" anyway....I think this is just attached to some "party" history that we have. For his 50th, I threw a FABULOUS surprise party....gift was a chartered yacht through the Grenadine Islands....with a stay at the end in Bequia....for mine...I gotta say....a crappy party attended by mainly his friends....the gift was a trip here (to Costa Rica) and we ended up buying a condo....hmmmm....I know it is not about "gifts"....but, for this year, at least, could it just be about remembering?????? I HATE it when he says, "What do you want to do for your birthday?" OK...enough of that.....too old for this sh** anyway....lol. Miss my girls today. Gonna go to the beach, get a massage, and then out to dinner.....AND....toss the wine in the cupboard