View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 12:02 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
MythOfSisyphus

I feel you, FamillyMan. I've been kind of in that same kind of a funk. For me there are lots of reasons, some may apply to you. The first is that this is shaping up to be a really crappy winter. It got cold really early and has stayed very cold since. Usually it's not too bad here til Dec/Jan but it was below zero in Oct. That puts a damper on things for me since in good weather I like to get out camping or hiking at least twice a month (more if possible).

School has been grinding me down a bit as well. I went back at almost 40 and I'll turn 45 this spring. I won't graduate with my bachelor's til the end of the year. At first it was exciting, but now I just want to finish and get my life back.

Lastly, I guess the new has worn off of sobriety. I too figured I'd die an early death and be mourned by almost no one. Now I realize I have family and friends and things to live for. In the beginning just being sober was a wonder, and it was enough. Maybe after 15 months it's finally sinking in that my life if boring?

But I try to remind myself that this too shall pass.