View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 04:02 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Kiya

Good morning everyone. Starting day 9 this morning in Ohio. It's really cold out again this morning we are a dew degrees below zero (f) with a wind chill of about -20. I'm ready to get outside some but it doesn't look like the cold is going anywhere. 10 day forecast shows -15 and -17 lows for Monday and Tuesday nights next week.

I don't mind the cold too much myself but I'd love to start getting the dog out for walks in the evening. I just don't want to with it this cold on her paws and all the salt on the road.

Dee you asked in an earlier post if I was using all the resources i already have and to be honest I'm probably not. I have one enormous resource I have not used at all which would be my father. He's been sober through aa for I believe 23 years or so. I remember him going through an inpatient detox when I was 6 ish and then has been clean ever since. We have a wonderful relationship it's just a tough conversation. I'll get there soon though. The wife and I started a bible study together at church last night in authenticity. First session was in hypocrisy and not wearing masks. Talk about a sobering topic for an alcoholic, I could not survive without a mask when I was drinking.

Take care and be safe today everyone.