View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Crimki

Ill probably get blasted for this, but everything in moderation. Wanting a drink doesn't mean you have a problem, a lot of people want a drink and enjoy have an occasional drink. However i think most of the people here "enjoyed" drinking to much. The occasional drink was never just one. Take your pizza example, sure we all eat bad food every once in a while and it's not big deal, and when we want a pizza it's not a problem to eat a slice or two. The issue occurs when that craving for pizza is every day and your appetite is insatiable until your day revolves around finding pizza. In this scenario it becomes a detriment to your life, and eventually leads to various health and social concerns. That is the same situation that many people have faced but with alcohol, I know that I want a drink every once in a while but that almost always meant a fifth of liquor or a 45-50$ bar tab. And when this has been your reality for a significant amount of time it is hard to pull away from what has become normal and comfortable. And if and when you finally repress the cravings sometimes it's better to not give in.. That's just my 2 cents