View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 03:21 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  
Driver1

Great stuff today Tobers.

SM and JL, glad things are looking up for you guys.

WhoDey, congrats on 3 months and thanks for the info on Yancey. The excerpt is intriguing (there are so many great recommendations you all have given over time. I keep a log but don't know how on earth I'm gonna find the time!).

trudging, you are a finisher. I suspect you'll find a way to figure this all out.

So I went back to work today. Hard to pull myself away from babies. I really didn't need to go in but boss is so generous and I will continue to take advantage so best to give back. DW's mom came last night so plenty of help. She's your classic doting grandmother who was PreK teacher for 30 years.

I will take FMLA leave beginning in March which will overlap with DW leave for a few weeks. Then she goes back to work (i.e., her office in our house). My leave takes me days away from end of school year, so essentailly when I split in March, I'm with kiddies til August. Next year I will go part time.

My priority is family now (can't imagine having 2 babies and a wife calling from one end of the house and my demon calling from another). Fortunately, some very good foundation on our careers and homes has long been in the making. They can be put on auto-pilot.

Babies are spectacluar guys! Super chill. Baby boy was pretty upset after cicumcision last Thursday. But he's been super laid back since.

Baby girl who intially was "clueless" (per doctor) with feeding is now our little Latch Monkey. Fiesty little one. She's so tiny and so cute. Has super long fingers but is a bag of bones. I suspect she will be tall. I come from a long line of tall peoples.

BTW, I am the middle of 5 brothers and sisters. One older sis and bro, one younger sis and then littlest brother 9 years later. I'm very close with them all, but probably closest with the little brother.

Wife is amazing ladies and gentlemen. 22 years later and the package still is opening in such wonderful and astonishing ways. Beauty, grace, and now...magestic mommy. We are working so incredibly well together and enjoying positively every moment.

Gave DW a piece of jewelry last night (they call it a "push gift" apparently) that she absolutey adored (sigh of relief!; she doesn't wear much so wanted to get that one right).

We love these babies Tobers (duh!, right?).

I have always loved babies. Been blessed to have many babies in my life with a few sometimes in my (partial) care (including younger brother). But nothing campares to this.

Alexandra aka Latch Monkey (Aubrey later):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
LAK.jpg (47.5 KB, 36 views)