Thread: Day 1 again :(
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

I tried and failed at quitting for years not because I had so much trouble with quitting itself, but more because when it came right down to it, I refused to change me, myself, and I. At the time back when, I knew one change would only lead to other changes being required sooner or later, and drinking looked more attractive to me then an unknown life of ongoing changes offered.

I've looked at your threads James, and you've been here before at Day 1, as you already noted. What I haven't seen is you sharing your experiences, your challenges with changing out your drinking lifestyle for a wholly sober lifestyle. If you have shared such changes, I missed seeing them.

It seems trite, but nothing changes if nothing changes. I do know from experience the longer we put off essential change the more dramatic and severe becomes the requirement for change. Our tomorrows eventually become our todays, and then they soon enough become our yesterdays in turn.

So in answer to what could you say any different, I think you sharing how change is underway in your new sober lifestyle choices going forward.

What changes in YOU, as YOU move from OLD to NEW, have you experienced say today even? I know for myself, back at my Day 1, I still had to be open-minded to change that very same day, otherwise epic fail, same as always. Its been many years since I was last drunk, and so for me ongoing change is still on my to-do list, goes without saying.

It's amazing what we can change for ourselves in a single day!