Old 01-21-2014, 09:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kdjom

Boundaries & Expectations when rehab is done ...

Hi ... I just spoke with my rAH's counsellor at rehab. He is near the end of his treatment for alcoholism and PTSD on Wednesday or Thursday of next week. She wants to have a conference call meeting with me, her and hubby before he is done. She wanted me to think about it and to let her know. She said it would be a good time to set some boundaries and expectations for his return to the house - such as sleeping in the spare room, which he is already of aware of.

What else should I be saying about boundaries and such? I am getting anxious about his return. So much going on in my head. I know some of you have read about my emotional affair - that is causing a lot of grief for me right now. It hurts much more than I ever thought it would - and I know that it is my own doing

I think I want to try with hubby, but I just don't know what to expect. I haven't been to an alanon meeting yet. I need to make time in my schedule for a meeting - hard to do when it is just myself to run kids to their activities. (I know - excuses, excuses) ...

Anyways ... any tips or pointers for what I should be saying during our conference?

Thx
K